Jakarta -Although not as popular as other Asian countries, India is quite crowded by Indonesian tourists. The beauty of the Amber fortress, the Taj Mahal, Ladakh, and others became the main attraction for a holiday to the country of Bollywood. The good news, now the holidays to India do not need to take care of Visa again, you know!
1Tourist visa-free Indonesia up to 30 days
Since the Indian Diaspora meeting at the Jakarta Convention Center, late last May, Prime Minister of India, Nerendra Modi has announced that Indonesian tourists get visa-free right up to 30 days. He hopes Indonesian tourists the opportunity to see the development of India. Especially when the 75th anniversary of India in 2022 later, India has a new concept called “New India”.
Taking care of visas to India is also quick and easy. You just need to file it to the nearest Indian Consulate General, it only takes 1-2 days from the time the file is received.
2There is no charge to apply for an Indian visa
If 30 days in India includes a short time, surely you need to take a visa to India. Although it is easy, holders of Indonesian passports need to pay about 51 US dollars or about Rp 720 thousand. But that first, through the Facebook page, the Consulate General of India in Bali informed that taking care of e-visa is now free since June 18 last. You can visit indianvisaonline.gov.in website.
Well, really nice, right? In addition to facilitating you without the need to the Consulate General of India, now can be more efficient to travel to India. Moreover, the Indian e-visa is valid for up to 60 days through 25 airports and 5 ports.
The bandals include Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bagdogra, Cochin, Calicut, Chennai, Chandigarh, Coimbatore, Delhi, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Trivandrum, Tiruchirapalli, Bengaluru, Vishakhapatnam , and Varanasi. The five ports include Cochin, Chennai, Goa, Mangalore, and Mumbai.
3Still wondering how to get an Indian e-visa?
Instead of just 30 days, it’s better to take care of e-visa to be more satisfied in India for up to 60 days, right? As said above, take care of it not complicated, really. Here’s how:
- Go to the indianvisaonline.gov.in page to complete the required data.
- After that, you will get the Temporary Application ID number (bright red color).
- Record and save the number, because it is very important in completing the data in the next stage.
- Furthermore, you must fill in supporting data, starting from uploading photos, passport scans, personal data, father and mother’s data, and so on.
- As a note, you need references to people in India that you know. If no, write the name, address, and phone number of the hotel where you are staying.
- After all the data has been completed, you just wait for news via email.
- Not long at all, at least you will get answers less than 24 hours
Well, it’s very easy right? Already there are plans to India meet Kajol or Shahrukh Khan?