Sanur is a coastal town located on the southeast of Bali, Indonesia. It is a well-known tourist destination that boasts a tranquil ambiance, sandy beaches, and clear waters. It is an excellent choice for visitors who want to escape from the hustle and bustle of Bali’s more crowded towns like Kuta, Legian, or Seminyak.
Getting to Sanur, Bali
Sanur is easily accessible by several modes of transport, depending on where you are coming from. If you are arriving from Bali’s Ngurah Rai International Airport, the easiest way to get to Sanur is by taxi, which takes about 30 minutes, depending on the traffic. Alternatively, you can take a shuttle bus, which runs from the airport to Sanur every hour.
If you are coming from other parts of Bali, you can take a taxi or rent a car, which is the most convenient way to explore the island. You can also use a ride-sharing service or take a local bus, which is the cheapest option but not always the most comfortable or reliable.
Attractions in Sanur, Bali
Sanur has a lot to offer to visitors of all ages, from picturesque beaches to cultural attractions, shopping, and delicious local cuisine. Here are some of the top attractions to check out when you are in Sanur:
- Sanur Beach: Sanur is home to a beautiful sandy beach that stretches for several kilometers. The waters are calm and ideal for swimming, kayaking, or stand-up paddleboarding. You can also find plenty of restaurants, bars, and cafes lining the beachfront.
- Le Mayeur Museum: This museum showcases the works of Adrien-Jean Le Mayeur, a Belgian artist who lived in Sanur for over 20 years. The museum is located in his former home, which he designed and built himself. It contains many of his paintings and personal items, giving visitors a glimpse into his life and art.
- Serangan Island Turtle Conservation Center: This conservation center is dedicated to protecting endangered sea turtles and educating visitors about their conservation. You can see various species of turtles and even release baby turtles into the ocean.
- Bali Orchid Garden: This beautiful garden is home to over 1,000 species of orchids and other tropical plants. It is a must-visit for nature lovers and photographers.
- Sindhu Market: This bustling market is a great place to shop for local handicrafts, textiles, and souvenirs. It also has plenty of street food stalls selling traditional Indonesian snacks and dishes.
Sanur is a fantastic destination for anyone looking to relax, unwind and soak up Bali’s culture and natural beauty. With its lovely beaches, cultural attractions, and laid-back atmosphere, Sanur has something for everyone. Whether you are traveling with family, friends, or on your own, Sanur is sure to provide you with a memorable experience.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings