Ducati rider Andrea Dovizioso managed to win the MotoGP race series Malaysia at Sepang Circuit, Sunday (29/10/2017).
Starting from third place when the race started, Dovizioso successfully became the fastest finish the race with a record time of 44 minutes 51.497 seconds.
His teammate at Ducati, Jorge Lorenzo, finished second with 0.743 seconds, while the third podium was owned by Johann Zarco (Monster Yamaha Tech 3) with a time difference of 9.738 seconds.
MotoGP defending champion Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda), only managed to finish the race as fourth, above team-mate Dani Pedrosa.
At the beginning of the race, Zarco had led the race but later he overtaken by Ducati duo who eventually engaged in civil war for the struggle for the front spot in Sepang.
A mistake made Lorenzo at the corner of the 15th was put to good use by Dovizioso to seize the front berth until the end of the race.
The results of the race to make the title competition this season again must be determined until the final series in Valencia is planned to take place on 12 November 2017.
Defending champion Marquez is still the most favorite candidate with 282 points, but Dovizioso (261) is not likely to snatch his first world title. Condition, Dovizioso must champion in Valencia, and Marquez should not finish higher than the 13th rank.
Here are the complete results of MotoGP Malaysia according to the official MotoGP page (order, motorcycle number, pebalap name, team, country, time note / difference):
1. (4) Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati) Italy (44 minutes 51,497 seconds)
2. (99) Jorge Lorenzo (Ducati) Spain (+0,743 sec)
3. (5) Johann Zarco (Monster Yamaha Tech 3) France (+9,738 sec)
4. (93) Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda) Spain (+17.763 seconds)
5. (26) Dani Pedrosa (Repsol Honda) Spain (+29.144 sec)
6. (9) Italian Danilo Petrucci (Octo Pramac Racing) (+30,380 sec)
7. (46) Valentino Rossi (Movistar Yamaha) Italy (+30,769 sec)
8. (43) Jack Miller (EG 0.0 Marc VDS) Australia (+35.238 seconds)
9. (25) Maverick Vinales (Movistar Yamaha) Spain (+ 38,053 seconds)
10. (44) Espargaro Espanyol (Red Bull KTM) Spain (+39.847 seconds)
11. (19) Alvaro Bautista (Pull & Bear Aspar) Spain (+42.559 sec)
12. (38) Bradley Smith (Red Bull KTM) United Kingdom (+44,602 sec)
13. (45) Scott Redding (Octo Pramac Racing) United Kingdom (+48,696 sec)
14. (8) Hector Barbera (Reale Avintia) Spain (+50,058 sec)
15. (35) Cal Crutchlow (LCR Honda) United Kingdom (+50,705 sec)
16. (60) Michael van der Mark (Monster Yamaha Tech 3) Netherlands (+56,397 sec)
17. (29) Andrea Iannone (Suzuki Ecstar) Italy (+58,391 seconds)
18. (53) Tito Rabat (EG 0.0 Marc VDS) Spain (+1 minute 25,571 sec)
Failed to finish:
(22) Sam Lowes (Aprilia Gresini) England
(17) Karel Abraham (Pull & Bear Aspar) Rep. Czech
(76) Loris Baz (Reale Avintia) France
(42) Alex Rins (Suzuki Ecstar) Spain.
Source: Autosport / Motogp